Type: Exhibition Opportunities
Posted by: McClure Engineering Company
Deadline: Sun, April 22nd, 2018
Honors: $1500 in awards
The Built Environment
International Juried Art Exhibition Columbia, MO
June 1, 2018 – July 15, 2018
This is an open call to artists for an exhibition at Orr Street Studios: Columbia, MO
This exhibition will explore ways that a sense of place is impacted by what we build. The jurors encourage artists to adopt a wide interpretation of the exhibition theme.
All two dimensional media will be considered.
ABOUT THE JURORS:
Joe Johnson is a photographer and Associate Professor of Art at the University of Missouri-Columbia. His work has been exhibited internationally and is in the permanent collections of the Museum of Fine Art, Boston and the Nelson-Atkins Museum.
Dr. Robert Walsh is an Assistant Teaching Professor of Architectural Studies at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He received a PhD from the University of Michigan in 2013 where he focused on Design Studies. His research interests include Design-Build Construction and Sustainable Communities.
Orr Street Studios is a non-profit art organization located in the North Village Arts District of Columbia, Missouri. The space was established to provide an environment through which the community can interact and participate directly with art and artists. It houses studio space and also contains a large gallery where we display rotating exhibitions.
CALL TO ARTISTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Call Announcement Date: March 26, 2018
Final Submission Deadline: April 22, 2018
Notification Letter Date: May 7, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: June 1 – July 15, 2018
Opening Reception & Award Presentation: Friday June 1, 2018 from 6-9PM
Best of Show: $1000
Runner Up: $500
ELIGIBILITY: This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in two-dimensional media.
JURYING: Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges, are final.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES: Only original works may be submitted. The fee is $25. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
A completed application consists of the following information and files: Name, contact information, Images
Text descriptors for each image must include Title, Year Completed, Medium & Dimensions
All entries must be registered/received by midnight April 22, 2018 CST
All entry fees are non-refundable.
DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION:
· Email your digital submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Entry fees are payable through Paypal to: PayPal.Me/thebuiltenvironment/25
· Add the paypal confirmation number in your subject line.
IMAGE FILE REQUIREMENTS
· Name your file: Artist Name_Title and use the following guidelines for file sizes.
· JPEGs should upload at 300 dpi, file size not to exceed 2MB.
· PDF pages will be accepted with either a separate PDF per image or one PDF containing all three images with each image on a separate page.
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, May 7, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by May 11, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
1. Maximum Size: 36” X 60” X 4” D (either orientation)
2. All work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges. All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Canvases may have neat gallery wrapped edges.
3. Work must be wired and ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No artwork may be substituted.
4. All artwork must be priced for sale.
5. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
1. All Shipped Artwork must arrive at the gallery May 11 through May 21, 2018. Shipping address is Orr Street Studios 106 Orr Street, Columbia, Missouri 65201 (UPS and Fedex are our preferred carriers). The artist assumes all responsibility for insuring artwork against shipping damage or loss. Please do not use Styrofoam popcorn packing. Artists will be responsible for delivery and return shipping of all their artwork. All work must be gallery ready for installation.
2. Work can be hand delivered to Orr Street Studios 106 Orr Street, Columbia, Missouri 65201 by artist or artist’s agent on Sunday May 20, 12:00-5:00 & Monday May 21, 10:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M. Hand-delivered works must be removed by artist or artist’s agent. – see paragraph on Hand Removal below.
RETURN: – Shipped work must be packaged in a reusable container. A prepaid label for its return must be enclosed. Shipping address Orr Street Studios 106 Orr Street, Columbia, Missouri 65201. The gallery accepts no responsibility damages in shipping or work left in the gallery after pick up date.
HAND REMOVAL: Hand-delivered artwork must be removed Monday July 16th and Tuesday, July 17th 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any work not removed during this specified time will be stored for a month at the rate of $5.00 a day and disposed of in accordance with MO law.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS: Orr Street Studios and McClure Engineering Company reserves the right to reject and return work that is late.
LIABILITY: McClure Engineering Company and Orr Street Studios are not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but McClure Engineering Company and Orr Street Studios assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
SALES, COMMISSIONS: Orr Street Studios will retain a 35% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to email@example.com
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork into the “The Built Environment” Exhibition, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Posted on Mon, March 26th, 2018
Expires on Sun, April 22nd, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.